These are apps that build on top of the infrastructure provided by Haystack. Useful for essentially extending what Haystack can do.
http://github.com/toastdriven/queued_search (2.X compatible)
Provides a queue-based setup as an alternative to
constantly running the
update_index command. Useful for high-load, short
update time situations.
https://github.com/jezdez/celery-haystack (1.X and 2.X compatible)
Also provides a queue-based setup, this time centered around Celery. Useful
for keeping the index fresh per model instance or with the included task
to call the
update_index management command instead.
https://github.com/mandx/haystack-rqueue (2.X compatible)
Also provides a queue-based setup, this time centered around RQ. Useful
for keeping the index fresh using
Another queue-based setup, also around Celery. Useful for keeping the index fresh.
http://github.com/toastdriven/saved_searches (2.X compatible)
Adds personalization to search. Retains a history of queries run by the various users on the site (including anonymous users). This can be used to present the user with their search history and provide most popular/most recent queries on the site.
An alternate take on persisting user searches, this has a stronger focus on locale-based searches as well as further integration.
Provides a simple way to index flat (non-model-based) content on your site. By using the management command that comes with it, it can crawl all pertinent pages on your site and add them to search.
Provides a tumblelog-like view to any/all Haystack-enabled models on your site. Useful for presenting date-based views of search data. Attempts to avoid the database completely where possible.
These are reusable apps that ship with
SearchIndexes, suitable for quick
integration with Haystack.
- django-faq (freq. asked questions app) - http://github.com/benspaulding/django-faq
- django-essays (blog-like essay app) - http://github.com/bkeating/django-essays
- gtalug (variety of apps) - http://github.com/myles/gtalug
- sciencemuseum (science museum open data) - http://github.com/simonw/sciencemuseum
- vz-wiki (wiki) - http://github.com/jobscry/vz-wiki
- ffmff (events app) - http://github.com/stefreak/ffmff
- Dinette (forums app) - http://github.com/uswaretech/Dinette
- fiftystates_site (site) - http://github.com/sunlightlabs/fiftystates_site
- Open-Knesset (site) - http://github.com/ofri/Open-Knesset